- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, eggs, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For caramel, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and cream to a boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Pour half into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with half the pecans.
- Punch dough down; shape into 40 balls (about 1-1/4-in. diameter). In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Place melted butter in another bowl. Dip balls in butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
- Place 20 balls in the tube pan; top with remaining caramel and pecans. Top with remaining balls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (20 servings).
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread
Sort By :
"I thought this recipe turned out terrible. I followed it step by step, but when I baked it it took forever to get done. 350 degrees was too low of a temperature to bake it, I had to adjust it to 400 degrees and put it in for another 30 min or so. Will not make again"
"I love monkey bread...especially when it's flavored like my favorite pecan rolls. Yum! And, frankly, the name Monkey Bread is just so darn cute! Does anyone know why it's called monkey bread?"
"We made these for a church breakfast and everyone loved them! The best monkey bread I've ever tasted? Definitely a keeper!"
"Most delicious caramel bread I have ever made, it's moist -the pecans are very tasty,perfect pecan blend. My kids love it. Best of all the next day it's still soft and moist full of flavor.Favorite Mag."
"I'm sure these are good. I have one question. Would a stand mixer work for these or is there a more powerful mixer out there that is not one of those expensive Cuisinarts?"