Caramel Pecan Logs
"These logs are absolutely the best and slice into pretty rounds," notes Lyons, Georgia field editor Suzanne McKinley.
78 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine sugar, creme and vanilla; knead until smooth
- (mixture will be dry). Shape into six 4-1/2-in. x 1-1/4-in. logs.
- Chill overnight. In the top of a double boiler over boiling water,
- cook and stir caramels and water until smooth. Dip logs into
- caramel; roll in pecans. Chill for 2 hours. Cut into 1/3-in. slices.
- Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.