"These logs are absolutely the best and slice into pretty rounds," notes Lyons, Georgia field editor Suzanne McKinley.
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine sugar, creme and vanilla; knead until smooth (mixture will be dry). Shape into six 4-1/2-in. x 1-1/4-in. logs. Chill overnight. In the top of a double boiler over boiling water, cook and stir caramels and water until smooth. Dip logs into caramel; roll in pecans. Chill for 2 hours. Cut into 1/3-in. slices. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Logs in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p18
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review