Caramel Pecan Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
My mother passed this old-time recipe on to me because she knew I'd want to make it. I love desserts—especially this one! —Mary Wright, Morriston, Ontario
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans and brown sugar. Add butter; mix well. Spread in a thin layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Crumble while warm; cool.
- 2. Press half of crumb mixture into a 13x9-in. dish. Drizzle with half of caramel sauce; spread with ice cream. Top with remaining caramel sauce and crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece equals 515 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC