Caramel Pecan Ice Cream Dessert
My mother passed this old-time recipe on to me because she knew I'd want to make it. I love desserts—especially this one! —Mary Wright, Morriston, Ontario
12-15 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans and brown sugar. Add
- butter; mix well. Spread in a thin layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden,
- stirring occasionally. Crumble while warm; cool.
- Press half of crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Drizzle with
- half of caramel sauce; spread with ice cream. Top with remaining
- caramel sauce and crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove
- from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 515 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.