Caramel Pecan Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans and brown sugar. Add butter; mix well. Spread in a thin layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Crumble while warm; cool.
- Press half of crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Drizzle with half of caramel sauce; spread with ice cream. Top with remaining caramel sauce and crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Ice Cream Dessert(10)
Sort By :
I made this for a four-generation family dinner for 16 and it was enjoyed by young and older alike. I substituted my own homemade caramel sauce in the recipe. It was a nice change from the pies that are usually associated with the family dinners I attend. This dessert is deliciously different and decadent and a little portion will go a long way.
This has ben a family favorite since the 1960s. If I only want to make a few servings, I make the full topping recipe and freeze it in a plastic bag. To serve, I make some ice cream balls and roll them in the topping and then pop them back in the freezer until serving time. Yummy!
To lower fat & calorie count you could substitute fat free yougurt ice cream. I find it to be very satisfying
I've made this a few times to take to potlucks, and others always want the recipe.
This is my favourite dessert. Haven't had it for awhile will be making it for the harvest crew pronto. Delicious.