- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans and brown sugar. Add butter; mix well. Spread in a thin layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Crumble while warm; cool.
- Press half of crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Drizzle with half of caramel sauce; spread with ice cream. Top with remaining caramel sauce and crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Ice Cream Dessert
Sort By :
"Made this last night and it was to sweet won't be making it again."
"Just made this for Easter. It was excellent."
"A real summer treat, so refreshing, a great finale for your summer party. Have made this often, the crumb mixture can be made ahead and stored for a later time. This is a make again at our house."
"I loved the pecans and oats! So good!"
"I made this for a four-generation family dinner for 16 and it was enjoyed by young and older alike. It was a nice change from the pies that are usually associated with the family dinners I attend. Tastes good with walnuts too. I make it often now. This dessert is deliciously different and decadent and a little portion will go a long way."