For a sensational dish for a Sunday brunch try is French toast. You make it up the night before, so you only need to bake it and make the syrup the following day.—Brad Shue, Harper, Kansas
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans; top with bread slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt; pour evenly over bread. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with French toast. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel-Pecan French Toast Bake in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p83
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan French Toast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review