- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat milk, egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Pour over crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Dream Bars
Sort By :
"Delicious! I had to make it with lemon cake since it's all I had, and it was super moist even after I followed the warning and baked it for 30 minutes. Not sure I had to. Can't wait to taste this when made with yellow cake and vanilla. This is a keeper. Made again, this time with yellow cake mix. Tasted really good, however, since I love lemon, I prefer to use the lemon cake mix."
"These tasted good but they were too gooey and they stayed wet. I baked them longer than stated but were wet in the middle. I took another reviewers tip about adding the chocolate chips and melting them and spreading into a layer of chocolate on the top. I used dark chocolate and that was the best part of these bars. Wouldn't make these again, I'd stick to the original dream bars as these were a little disappointing. My husband wasn't impressed and felt there was an error in the recipe due to the middle being too gooey no matter how long they were baked and then refrigerated."
"Absolutely to die for! Very rich but MINNESOTA NICE:-) I sprinkled about 1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips over top upon removal from oven and then spread very gently after they melted. Refrigerated 10 minutes to set the chocolate."
"Very good - very ooey gooey.Love these and so easy!"
"So quick and easy...and absolutely DELICIOUS !! Took them to a family get together and everyone loved them and requested the recipe. My husband only got 1 bite of mine and when he went to get one of his own they were all gone so had to make another batch when we got home. definitely a keeper, just know now to take copies of recipe with me if I take them anywhere, LOL. Might try adding mini chocolate chips next time..think that would be good too."