- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat milk, egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Pour over crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Dream Bars
Sort By :
"Delicious! I had to make it with lemon cake since it's all I had, and it was super moist even after I followed the warning and baked it for 30 minutes. Not sure I had to. Can't wait to taste this when made with yellow cake and vanilla. This is a keeper. Made again, this time with yellow cake mix. Tasted really good, however, since I love lemon, I prefer to use the lemon cake mix."
"Absolutely to die for! Very rich but MINNESOTA NICE:-) I sprinkled about 1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips over top upon removal from oven and then spread very gently after they melted. Refrigerated 10 minutes to set the chocolate."
"Very good - very ooey gooey.Love these and so easy!"
"So quick and easy...and absolutely DELICIOUS !! Took them to a family get together and everyone loved them and requested the recipe. My husband only got 1 bite of mine and when he went to get one of his own they were all gone so had to make another batch when we got home. definitely a keeper, just know now to take copies of recipe with me if I take them anywhere, LOL. Might try adding mini chocolate chips next time..think that would be good too."
"Very easy to make and is delicious!"