- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat milk, egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Pour over crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Dream Bars
"So good and super easy to make. Would definitely make again for sure."
"this was delicious- would make again = tasted like pecan pie-- gave a scoop of ice cream on side -- every one said they liked and some asked for recipe... I did bake a few minutes longer and used 1/2 walnuts with the pecans.... added about 1/4 cup toffee bits over top too-- a winner!"
"Very yummy! I would change the name to "OOEY-GOOEY CAKE BARS" as described in the intro box."
"Just wondering where the Caramel is that is mentioned on the recipe name?"
"these were okay. very sweet and almost had the taste of not cooked, but I think that's how they are supposed to be. I cooked mine even longer than the time stated. Probably would not make again."