Caramel Pecan Delight Recipe
After one bite of this rich caramel-drizzles dessert, you'll move it to the top of your recipe file. A buttery crust of crushed pecan cookies complements the cheesecake-like filling. "It's a glorious treat," promises Judy Atwell of Aptos, California.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pecan shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup caramel topping until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk milk and dry pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let set for 2 minutes or until soft set; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread over the cooled crust. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until set. Cut into squares; drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 408 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC