You’re sure to impress guests with these show-stopping treats. A golden sugar cookie is the base for an artful arrangement of creamy caramel, sweet milk chocolate and crunchy pecan halves.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 24 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 64 pecan halves
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cut cookie dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt caramels and cream. Stir until smooth. Spoon onto the center of each cookie; arrange four pecan halves around caramel.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spoon over caramel. Let stand until set. Yield: 16 cookies.
Originally published as Caramel Pecan Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p19
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"These cookies are easy to make and have been a key part of my Christmas cookie tray each year. They always get rave reviews."