Caramel-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
These irresistible rolls are perfect for an Easter brunch!—Lois Jacobsen, Dallas, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the eggs, butter, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Boil over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- 4. Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 17-in. x 15-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 5. Cut into 15 slices. Place cut side down over caramel sauce. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 533 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC