Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
I created this creamy cheesecake using two favorites—caramel and pecans. It's a stunning cake and rivals any I've tasted.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 2 cups (8ounces each) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the
- bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or
- until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir 1/4 cup flour into the caramel
- topping. Set aside 1/3 cup caramel mixture and 2 tablespoons pecans
- for garnish. Drizzle remaining caramel mixture over crust; sprinkle
- with remaining pecans.