Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
I created this creamy cheesecake using two favorites—caramel and pecans. It's a stunning cake and rivals any I've tasted.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 2 cups (8ounces each) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir 1/4 cup flour into the caramel topping. Set aside 1/3 cup caramel mixture and 2 tablespoons pecans for garnish. Drizzle remaining caramel mixture over crust; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar vanilla and remaining flour until smooth. Beat in eggs and yolks just until combined. Stir in cream.
- 4. Pour over crust. Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and sugar; carefully spread over warm filling. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 6. Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, drizzle with reserved caramel mixture and sprinkle with reserved pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC