- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 2 cups (8ounces each) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir 1/4 cup flour into the caramel topping. Set aside 1/3 cup caramel mixture and 2 tablespoons pecans for garnish. Drizzle remaining caramel mixture over crust; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar vanilla and remaining flour until smooth. Beat in eggs and yolks just until combined. Stir in cream.
- Pour over crust. Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and sugar; carefully spread over warm filling. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, drizzle with reserved caramel mixture and sprinkle with reserved pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
"This is an awesome cheesecake I made it for Thanksgiving and it was a hit. I also have one in the oven now... I did make a few changes. I used Pecan Sandies for the crust and seeing how my family likes pecans I toasted a cup of pecans in a small skillet with about 2 tablespoons of butter to use on the top. I let them cool and drain on a paper towel so the excess butter would not get on the cheesecake. It was wonderful. I will make this cheesecake a lot since it is very easy to make and taste wonderful. I think it is better than the old fashioned New York cheesecake any day..."
"This is an amazing cheesecake recipe. We substituted "Pecan Sandies" for the shortbread cookies."
"This was the first cheesecake I ever made. My family still talks about it and that was 4 Christmases ago! I am planning on making one for Easter, but I'm going to use strawberries instead of caramel and pecans and see how it turns out."
"LOVE THIS!! The BEST cheesecake ever!!!"
"This recipe was the first cheesecake I had ever made and it turned out beautifully - and wonderfully delicious! I took it to an anniversary party where 10 different kinds of cheesecake were served and I repeatedly heard guests say this was their favorite. Go ahead and try it for yourself!"
"I make this every year for Thanksgiving Its a must have from all my kids"
"I have made this cheesecake many times and I have always had success. It is a thick, flavorful cheesecake. Every time I make it, I am always asked for the recipe. Best cheesecake ever!!!"
"i have never made a cheesecake before and it was so good, i was proud of myself. i took it to a potluck and i kept hearing who made this cheesecake. my brother in law hates cheesecake but loved this. thanks! its wonderful."
"I made this for a party and it was a great success."
"This recipe is a keeper! It was very easy to make and absolutely delicious!"