Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake Pie Recipe
In fall or any time of year, this nutty, rich and delicious pie is one I am proud to serve. While it seems very special, it's a snap to make. —Becky Ruff, Monona, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- Additional fat-free caramel ice cream topping, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim and flute edges. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk remaining eggs; gradually whisk in caramel topping until blended. Pour slowly over pecans.
- 3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned (loosely cover edges with foil after 20 minutes if pie browns too quickly). Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before slicing. If desired, garnish with additional caramel ice cream topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece equals 502 calories, 33 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC