"Summers are hot here in Taft, Tennessee, so when the weather is warm, I try to use my oven as little as possible," says Patsy Mullins. "Family and friends love this tasty no-bake pie, and no one can believe it's not loaded with fat."
Featured In: Top 10 Caramel Recipes
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 5 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, cream cheese and gelatin mixture; cover and process until smooth. Add milk powder and sugar substitute; cover and process for 1 minute or until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; fold in the whipped topping. Stir in 3 tablespoons of pecans. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Drizzle with caramel topping. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel-Pecan Cheese Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p65
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review