- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter over medium heat; stir in the cookie crumbs. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan , melt caramels and remaining butter over low heat. Stir in the pecans. Pour over crust. Cool.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, butter, cream and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over caramel layer. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- Let candy stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cutting into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Candy
Sort By :
"Easy and yummie"
"I have made this recipe now for several years and every attempt has the same result...the bottom oreo layer does not stick and separates when cut. Ugh! These are so good and I would love to know the trick to getting the caramel layer to "bond" with the oreos. I have followed the recipe exactly. Despite this problem, I continue to make them..they are that good!!!!"
"I made this candy for the first time & I made it today! It's such a simple recipe & yet so GOOD! I used 2 cups of roasted peanuts, though, instead of pecans and instead of the whipping cream, I used 3 Tbsp. of the Internat'l Delight flavored coffee creamer. It worked out for me! I also used an 8x8x2" square baking dish and the candy fit very nicely! Thank you, Dick,for sharing this candy recipe! I know I'll be using your recipe time and time again for holiday gifts and just on the spur of the moment if I want to just whip up something good! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"I made these candies for Christmas- they are wonderful! We had to take turns cutting them once they were done- but they were worth the effort!"
"I thought I died and went to heaven when my wife made this incredible treat."