Caramel Pecan Brownies Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 75 caramels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup milk. Spread half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave, heat caramels and remaining milk, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until caramels are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Drop reserved cake mixture by tablespoonfuls over the top.
- 3. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from the oven and smooth top. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until top appears dry and is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 168 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Brownies
"Oh. My. Word.These are so good, they should come with a warning.Very easy to amend to your taste (skip pecans, use milk chocolate chips, etc.) The German Chocolate cake gives the brownie a flavor of "salted caramel".They freeze beautifully and ship really well too.Pure Bliss. Worth every calorie."
"<p>Made this twice and both times they came out good. First time I had trouble with the caramels, I had a hard time getting them to melt , it was clumpy. The second time I microwaved them longer and turned out great. I also greased and lined the pan with wax-paper and greased that because the first time they stuck to the pan and was hard to cut at the edges.</p>"
"Love this recipe but I substitute salter peanuts for the pecans. It always goes fast.. Reminds many of snickers"
"Wonderful! The most difficult part is unwrapping the caramels. I took some to work and everyone wanted the recipe."
"I make this often and is a big favorite. I line the pan with foil before greasing and dusting with cocoa powder. Then refridgerate to chill it, so I can just lift it from the pan and peel away the foil to cut more easily. Otherwise, they are very gooey and restick back together.Also a dark chocolate type cake mix tastes great too!"
"Super fast and easy and delicious!!!!"
"Very rich and sweet. Next time I will try it with ice cream. Yummy."