Caramel Pecan Brownies Recipe
These rich and gooey brownies are so good, I make them year-round.
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 75 caramels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup milk. Spread half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave, heat caramels and remaining milk, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until caramels are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Drop reserved cake mixture by tablespoonfuls over the top.
- 3. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from the oven and smooth top. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until top appears dry and is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 168 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC