Caramel Pecan Brownies Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 75 caramels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup milk. Spread half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave, heat caramels and remaining milk, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until caramels are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Drop reserved cake mixture by tablespoonfuls over the top.
- 3. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from the oven and smooth top. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until top appears dry and is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 168 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Brownies
"Oh. My. Word.These are so good, they should come with a warning.Very easy to amend to your taste (skip pecans, use milk chocolate chips, etc.) The German Chocolate cake gives the brownie a flavor of "salted caramel".They freeze beautifully and ship really well too.Pure Bliss. Worth every calorie."
"<p>Made this twice and both times they came out good. First time I had trouble with the caramels, I had a hard time getting them to melt , it was clumpy. The second time I microwaved them longer and turned out great. I also greased and lined the pan with wax-paper and greased that because the first time they stuck to the pan and was hard to cut at the edges.</p>"
"Love this recipe but I substitute salter peanuts for the pecans. It always goes fast.. Reminds many of snickers"
"Wonderful! The most difficult part is unwrapping the caramels. I took some to work and everyone wanted the recipe."
"I make this often and is a big favorite. I line the pan with foil before greasing and dusting with cocoa powder. Then refridgerate to chill it, so I can just lift it from the pan and peel away the foil to cut more easily. Otherwise, they are very gooey and restick back together.Also a dark chocolate type cake mix tastes great too!"
"Super fast and easy and delicious!!!!"
"Very rich and sweet. Next time I will try it with ice cream. Yummy."