Caramel Pecan Bars
This pecan bar recipe won first place at a cookie contest held where I work. These rich bars really capture the flavor of pecan pie. —Emma Manning, Crossett, Arkansas
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat
- until sugar is dissolved. In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add hot sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Combine flour
- and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp. Cool on a wire rack. Dust
- with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium,