- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Gradually add hot sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Bars
"These are "da bomb". To solve the problem other reviewers had about being too done on the outside and not enough in the middle, I used a pyrex baking pan instead of metal and increased the baking time by 5 minutes. They were perfect! Will be making these often."
"My family loved these!"
"The whole house enjoyed these. I will definitely make them again."
"I followed this exactly and in a 9x13 pan it boiled over the pan in the oven. Sides were very crispy and center was still a runny goo. I left it in three more minutes than had to take it out or the sides would be burned. There is a crusty crust over the whole thing. Not to be detoured, I cleaned the oven and tried again in a jelly roll pan with a larger cookie sheet under it. Had husband drizzle egg mixture in slowly so I could stir well so egg wouldn't cook and maybe not have the crust. Again it boiled over the larger pan and still a crust. First pan tastes wonderful but appearance is not a quality to share. Would rate taste a 5 but I don't know if I'll ever get my pans cleaned so rate a 2 due to the mess."
"Would it be alright to add chocolate chips to this recipe? Granddaughter loves pecan choc. chip pie. Great recipe."