Caramel Pecan Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Gradually add hot sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Bars(13)
Sort By :
Very good and quick to make. Just made them for the second time and added chopped dates. I think you could also add coconut.
This is a easy, relatively quick recipe to make. I made it by the recipe the first time and wonder if the sugar really needs to be dissolved in the butter prior to mixing everything together. It doesn't need to be done in brownies and this is a brownie without the chocolate. My husband really liked it but I would prefer it to be sweeter. It sounds unbelievable with over 2 cups of sugar it didn't really taste sweet to me. The flavor was good so I will try mixing it like I do brownies to save cleaning a pan. We loved the 2 cups of pecans. I may frost them with homemade caramel icing.
Very tasty and easy recipe. My one negative comment is that there is no way a person can cut this into 48 pieces considering the nuts in the recipe.
Super easy, and tastes like pecan pie!
These bars where EXCELLENT. crunchy on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside. It was very easy to make and I didn't have to change a thing. I will definitely make again.