- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Gradually add hot sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Bars
Sort By :
"Would it be alright to add chocolate chips to this recipe? Granddaughter loves pecan choc. chip pie. Great recipe."
"Yummy! I made them exactly as written. Next time I will take the suggestion of another reviewer and make them in a jelly roll pan. I think I'd like them thinner. Great flavor!"
"Delicious and easy! You will love these if you like pecan pie."
"Making it gkuten free next time"
"Great. Had a hard time dissolving the brown sugar. How long should it take?"