- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Gradually add hot sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Bars
Sort By :
"Great. Had a hard time dissolving the brown sugar. How long should it take?"
"These are so yummy! My husband asked if I'd make them again because I'd taken them to a meeting and he hadn't gotten enough! They were very easy as well."
"So easy and yummy!!"
"Toasted the pecans (5 minutes at 350 degrees) and cooled them before adding. Mixed it all in the saucepan I melted the butter. Took about 35-40 minutes to bake in a 10 x 10 pan. Cut beautifully, tasted amazing - a keeper! 5 stars!"
"Very good and quick to make. Just made them for the second time and added chopped dates. I think you could also add coconut."