Caramel-Pecan Apple Slices
When looking for a fast, fun side dish to dress up a pork entree or any festive spread, Carol Gillespie relies on this fuss-free recipe to please family and friends in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
TASTY TIP. Try spooning over a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a dessert treat.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook and stir brown sugar and butter over medium
- heat until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cook, uncovered, over
- medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pecans. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 155 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.