The crystallized ginger and cinnamon add a yummy flavor to this decadent desert made with fresh pears.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grilled pound cake, whipped topping and Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve
- warm over pound cake. Top with whipped topping; sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup pear mixture (calculated without pound cake, whipped topping and almonds) equals 279 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.