Caramel Pears Recipe
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grilled pound cake, whipped topping and sliced almonds
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve warm over pound cake. Top with whipped topping; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup pear mixture (calculated without pound cake, whipped topping and almonds) equals 279 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.