- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grilled pound cake, whipped topping and Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve warm over pound cake. Top with whipped topping; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Pears in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p93
Reviews for Caramel Pears(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review