Caramel Pear Pudding
Don't expect this old-fashioned dessert to last long. The delicate pears and irresistible caramel topping make it a winner whenever I serve it. It's nice to have a tempting fall cake that puts the season's best pears to excellent use.
-Sharon Mensing, Greenfield, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in milk
- until smooth. Stir in pears and pecans. Spoon into an ungreased
- 2-qt. baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and water; pour over
- batter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm
- with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 359 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium,