Caramel Pear Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in milk until smooth. Stir in pears and pecans. Spoon into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and water; pour over batter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 359 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Pear Pudding
"I prepared this recipe and I did make slight changes -I used 5 small apples, peeled and cubed, 1/8 tsp. cloves, 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg and 1 tsp. rum extract! I also added 1/2 cup raisins with 1/8 cup all-purpose flour and baked the pudding in an 8x8x2" greased and floured baking pan at 375o F. for 45 minutes. It came out PERFECTLY! I learned that I NEEDED to KEEP the amount of milk as it is and the exact amount of water mixed with the brown sugar & butter! The first time I'd made this recipe, I'd "flunked" it, so I decided to try again and just keep the basic measurements just as it was! A tip I learned from my Mom: when this dessert is cooled, it can carefully be eased or cut and inverted to make a lovely presentation with the caramel sauce on top! It's like a square sticky bun in cake form! Thank you, Sharon Mensing,for this recipe! I'm sure that I'll use it time and again NOW that I'm aware of NOT adding excess liquid! I admit that there are times I HAVE experimented with recipes, but to a FAULT and it doesn't ALWAYS work well! delowenstein"
"This was easy and is so good. I had pears and had no idea what to do with them, so I looked online for a recipe. I'm so glad I came across this one."
"This was a fantastic recipe. It will definately be going into my "favorites" recipe box. I didn't use the pecans because I don't care for them but this dessert tasted as though nothing was missing."
"I love to make this delicious and easy recipe when someone gives us pears from their trees."