Caramel Pear Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in milk until smooth. Stir in pears and pecans. Spoon into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and water; pour over batter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Pear Pudding(4)
Sort By :
This was easy and is so good. I had pears and had no idea what to do with them, so I looked online for a recipe. I'm so glad I came across this one.
This was a fantastic recipe. It will definately be going into my "favorites" recipe box. I didn't use the pecans because I don't care for them but this dessert tasted as though nothing was missing.
This was so easy and turned out great! I completely forgot the pecans and it was still delicious!! It does bubble up somewhat in the dish while baking, so be sure to use a deeper-sided 2 quart dish to prevent bubbling over. Thanks for this easy & delicious recipe!
I love to make this delicious and easy recipe when someone gives us pears from their trees.