Caramel Pear Dessert
“I created this dessert when my sister and a friend came to lunch. It was so good, they threatened to lick their plates! Enjoy this little bit of heaven.” Shirley Stubblefield - Chino, California
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 12 slices
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) pear halves, drained
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until toasted; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Place cake slices on individual dessert plates. Top with ice cream
- and pears. Drizzle with cream mixture; sprinkle with reserved
- pecans. Yield: 12 servings.