“I created this dessert when my sister and a friend came to lunch. It was so good, they threatened to lick their plates! Enjoy this little bit of heaven.” Shirley Stubblefield - Chino, California
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 12 slices
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) pear halves, drained
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until toasted; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Place cake slices on individual dessert plates. Top with ice cream and pears. Drizzle with cream mixture; sprinkle with reserved pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Pear Dessert in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p30
Reviews for Caramel Pear Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review