Caramel Pear Crumble Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- Whipped topping and additional cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter (mixture will be crumbly); set aside 1 cup. Press the remaining mixture into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir caramels and milk until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Arrange pears over crust; spoon caramel mixture over pears. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the pears are tender and top is golden brown. Serve warm. Garnish with whipped topping and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 598 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 103g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Pear Crumble
"This was very good! May try dulce de leche instead of unwrapping 20 caramels."
"This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious! Since we have no fresh pears right now, I used some of my home-canned pears instead. The crumble turned out great and I can't wait to make it again!"
"O My God, So good WOW"
"This recipe wasn't what I expected-seems like there's too much of the "crumble". Pears are not in season right now so they are still pretty hard after 35 minutes of cook time. (Even after slicing quite thin) Although the flavor was good, if I didn't have whipped topping or ice cream, I'd have to pass on making this again."