Caramel Pear Crumble Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- Whipped topping and additional cinnamon, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter (mixture will be crumbly); set aside 1 cup. Press the remaining mixture into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir caramels and milk until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Arrange pears over crust; spoon caramel mixture over pears. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the pears are tender and top is golden brown. Serve warm. Garnish with whipped topping and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Pear Crumble(2)
Sort By :
O My God, So good WOW
This recipe wasn't what I expected-seems like there's too much of the "crumble". Pears are not in season right now so they are still pretty hard after 35 minutes of cook time. (Even after slicing quite thin) Although the flavor was good, if I didn't have whipped topping or ice cream, I'd have to pass on making this again.