Caramel Peanut Fantasy
Packed with peanuts and gooey with caramel, this do-ahead treat from our Test Kitchenis one sweet dream of a dessert to serve company. With an easy cookie crust and scrumptious candy bar layers, it goes together quickly…and will disappear just as fast!
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 15 miniature Snickers candy bars
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups salted peanuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the
- bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, candy bars, caramel
- topping and 1/4 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth
- and blended. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Spread over
- crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining cream; stir until
- smooth. Spread over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 504 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.