Caramel Peanut Fantasy Recipe
Packed with peanuts and gooey with caramel, this do-ahead treat is one sweet dream of a dessert to serve company. With an easy cookie crust and scrumptious candy bar layers, it goes together quickly—and will disappear just as fast! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 15 miniature Snickers candy bars
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups salted peanuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Addititional chopped salted peanuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, candy bars, caramel topping and 1/4 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth and blended. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining cream; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel layer. If desired, sprinkle with additional peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without additional peanuts) equals 504 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Peanut Fantasy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC