Caramel Peanut Fantasy Recipe
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 15 miniature Snickers candy bars
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups salted peanuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional chopped salted peanuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, candy bars, caramel topping and 1/4 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth and blended. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining cream; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel layer. If desired, sprinkle with additional peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without additional peanuts): 504 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Caramel Peanut Fantasy
"Very good dessert. I would have preferred that the Snickers bars and caramels were listed in ounces so you don't have to guess on which ones to buy."
"Absolutely delicious. It disappers in no time. Great recipe and easy to prepare. My family loves it."