Packed with peanuts and gooey with caramel, this do-ahead treat from our Test Kitchenis one sweet dream of a dessert to serve company. With an easy cookie crust and scrumptious candy bar layers, it goes together quickly…and will disappear just as fast!
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 15 miniature Snickers candy bars
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups salted peanuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, candy bars, caramel topping and 1/4 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth and blended. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining cream; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Peanut Fantasy in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p51
Reviews for Caramel Peanut Fantasy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2008
"Absolutely delicious. It disappers in no time. Great recipe and easy to prepare. My family loves it."