Caramel Peanut Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt caramels with cream, stirring often. Sprinkle chocolate chips and peanuts over the crust; top with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 197 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Caramel Peanut Bars
"Very good snack treat."
"Everyone loved these. The creamy caramel was so good. I am going to make these for a family party. I can see a riot breaking out over them. Lol"
"What a good bar recipe! I didn't have a few ingredients so I had to substitute, nothing that really changed the taste of the recipe though. Instead of chocolate chips I used mini M&Ms and I replaced melting the caramels with whipped cream by using a homemade caramel sauce."
"These bars are very attractive and taste amazing. They also hold up very well- I mailed a batch to my brother and they didn't crumble to bits. I really like the oatmeal crust and topping- it keeps the bars from being too sweet."
"These bars are delish!!! They taste just like a candy bar. I have been making them for years and they are always a hit."