Butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping and orange juice may seem like an unusual combination, but everyone enjoys this sweet sipper. Cardamom and coriander add even more flavor.
- 3 tablespoons cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1 bottle (1 liter) carbonated water, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Orange slices, optional
- In a dry small skillet over medium heat, toast cardamom pods and coriander seeds until aromatic, about 4-5 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine the seeds, sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in juices. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain juice mixture, discarding cardamom and coriander. Whisk in caramel topping. Pour into a large pitcher. Stir in carbonated water. Serve over ice. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Caramel Orange Spritzer in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p107
Reviews for Caramel Orange Spritzer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review