Caramel Orange Ring
It's tradition for me to set out this sugary ring at Christmas brunch. I'm glad to do it because it's so easy! The recipe relies on purchased marmalade, refrigerated biscuits and a few other simple ingredients.
10-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Spoon marmalade into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and
- cinnamon; set aside. Separate biscuits into 20 pieces. Dip in
- butter, then roll in the brown sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits side
- by side with the narrow edge standing upright. Drizzle with
- remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake
- at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10
- minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 292 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.