It's tradition for me to set out this sugary ring at Christmas brunch. I'm glad to do it because it's so easy! The recipe relies on purchased marmalade, refrigerated biscuits and a few other simple ingredients.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Spoon marmalade into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Separate biscuits into 20 pieces. Dip in butter, then roll in the brown sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits side by side with the narrow edge standing upright. Drizzle with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Orange Ring in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p14
Reviews for Caramel Orange Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review