My mom loves caramel, nuts and cream cheese, so when I found this tart recipe I knew I had to try it. Now the dessert is a family favorite and it is served at every get-together. —Donna Urban, Glenolden, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out dough into a 10-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; trim edges.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double layer of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 400°.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread into crust.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Nut Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p131
Reviews for Caramel Nut Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review