- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out dough into a 10-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; trim edges.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double layer of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 400°.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread into crust.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Nut Tart
Sort By :
My daughter and I love this tart! It could not be simpler to make -- so deceiving because it looks impressive and is positively decadent. We have mad additional caramel but its not necessary. Love it
I made this for a friend for Thanksgiving to serve at her get together. It was an immediate hit and I am making it again for Christmas. Because my springform is 11 inches. I doubled the entire recipe. With the extra tart dough, I used cutters to make leaves forvthe top. Doubling the filling -- well, that requires no explanation! Yummy. Thevrecipe is deceptively simple and looks very impressive.
just excellent, crust, filling, taste. so easy to make as well
I think you could probably use either salted or unsalted nuts. I was thinking of using unsalted but then sprinkling a bit of sea salt on after the baking was completed.