Caramel Nut Pie
This sweet-and-salty pie is often requested by my family at get-togethers.Dulcie Knoll, Bluffton, South Carolina
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Milky Way ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, ice cream topping, sugar, corn
- syrup, butter, vanilla and salt until blended. Pour into pastry
- shell; sprinkle with nuts. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20-25
- minutes longer or until filling is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 502 calories, 28 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.