Caramel Nut Marshmallows
These are a different kind of treat for the holiday candy plate. I had this recipe long before microwaves, but now preparation is much easier.—Berdine See, Independence, Iowa
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 36 caramels
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 20 large marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Place nuts in a
- shallow dish. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and
- water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-90 seconds or until
- melted, stirring twice.
- Dip each marshmallow into melted caramel, then roll in pecans. Place
- on prepared baking sheet. Let marshmallows stand until set. Yield:
- 20 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hershey caramels. This recipe was tested with an 1100-watt microwave.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.