Caramel Nut Crunch Recipe
I discovered this crispy snack recipe on a box of cereal years ago. It's been a Christmas favorite with my friends and family ever since.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1. In a saucepan, heat the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- 2. In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour hot syrup over cereal mixture; stir until well coated. Spread into greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack until slightly firm. Yield: 8 cups.
1/2 cup: 300 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Nut Crunch
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC