Caramel Nut Candy
You can stir up a batch of these coconut-coated peanut caramel logs in no time, since they're made in the microwave! Both of my sons-in-law rate these as their favorite homemade candies.
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 28 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 to 2 cups flaked coconut
- Place caramels, butter and cream in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on medium for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1-2
- minutes more, stirring every minute, until smooth. Stir in sugar
- until smooth. Add peanuts. Gently fold in marshmallows.
- Sprinkle coconut in a 10-in. x 5-in. strip onto two sheets of waxed
- paper; spoon caramel mixture down the center of coconut. Using the
- waxed paper, coat caramel with coconut and roll into two 10-in.
- logs. Discard waxed paper. Wrap logs in plastic wrap and chill for 4
- hours. Remove plastic wrap. Cut logs into 1/2-in. slices. Store in
- airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 160 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.