- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle 1 cup into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan (do not press).
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. In a small heavy saucepan, cook and stir caramels and milk until caramels are melted.
- Pour over crust. Top with chocolate chips and nuts. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Nut Bars
"These bars are excellent. I didn't have nuts but they will still really great with them."
"I didn't have walnuts or chocolate chips so I used 1/2 cup pecans, 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and 1/4 cups shredded coconut. I have no idea what the original recipe tasted like but this version was great!"
"I have made these every Christmas by request of my children ever since they first appeared in Taste of Home. They absolutely love them!"
"Rich, delicious, and you can't stop eating them."
"i love this recipe, me and my mom had bought a bunch of baking ingredients and decided to make these, they were delicious!"