Caramel Nougat Candy Recipe
With crunchy peanuts, gooey caramel and fluffy marshmallow creme, these sweet sensations taste just like one of my favorite candy bars. I usually make several batches of candy at a time to include on my Christmas dessert tray or to give as gifts.—Maddymoo, Taste of Home Online Community
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Roll into 3/4-in. balls.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Dip balls in caramel; allow excess to drip off. Roll in peanuts and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 105 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Caramel Nougat Candy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC