With crunchy peanuts, gooey caramel and fluffy marshmallow creme, these sweet sensations taste just like one of my favorite candy bars. I usually make several batches of candy at a time to include on my Christmas dessert tray or to give as gifts.—Maddymoo, Taste of Home Online Community
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Roll into 3/4-in. balls.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Dip balls in caramel; allow excess to drip off. Roll in peanuts and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Nougat Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p71
Reviews for Caramel Nougat Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review