Caramel Mixed Fruit Salad
This recipe is a variation on a dish I tried at a work potluck. I added caramel topping to jazz up the whipped topping, and because it tastes so good with apples. —JayCee Synowiecki, Omaha, Nebraska
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- Place fruits and walnuts in a large bowl; fold in whipped topping.
- Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.