Caramel Marshmallow Treats Recipe
I created this candy by combining my husband's favorite cookie recipe and my mom's caramel dip. These sweets really appeal to kids...plus, they can help make them!—Tamara Holschen, Anchor Point, Alaska
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:60 servings
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rice Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1. Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk, caramels and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- 2. Place Rice Krispies in a shallow bowl. With a toothpick, dip each marshmallow into warm caramel mixture; turn to coat. Press bottoms into Rice Krispies; place treats on prepared pans. Let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC