Caramel Marshmallow Delights
"Our children like to take these sweet and chewy treats to school to share on their birthday," reports Susan Kerr of Crown Point, Indiana.
60 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) Rice Krispies
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Place cereal in a shallow bowl; set aside. In a double boiler or
- metal bowl over simmering water, combine the milk, butter and
- caramels, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- With a fork, quickly dip marshmallows into hot mixture; allow excess
- to drip off. Roll in cereal. Place on a foil-lined pan; chill for 30
- minutes. Remove from the pan and refrigerate in an airtight
- container. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 93 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.