- 1 package (10 ounces) Rice Krispies
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Place cereal in a shallow bowl; set aside. In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, combine the milk, butter and caramels, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- With a fork, quickly dip marshmallows into hot mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cereal. Place on a foil-lined pan; chill for 30 minutes. Remove from the pan and refrigerate in an airtight container. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Marshmallow Delights
"My Grandma used to make these all of the time. I have her recipe and have never seen this recipe anywhere until today. She also used to use crushed walnuts instead of rice krispies, they were good that way too."
"These were a hit at a recent get together. The crunchiness of the Rice Krispies and the sweetness of the caramel and marshmallow are a perfect combination!"
"These are delicious! You need to keep heating up the caramel or it gets clumpy. This will definitely be one of the favorites this year."
"This is one of my favourite recipes and now my neices have taken it and are making it for their friends"
"This is in answer to a previous review regarding "soggy crisped rice". I have not made this recipe but am planning on making it for my granddaughter with a slight change in recipe. Instead of rice crispy cereal I will use toasted coconut which is her favorite. If you store these in an airtight container the cereal will become soggy. You must sore these covered but not airtight."