- 1 package (10 ounces) Rice Krispies
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Place cereal in a shallow bowl; set aside. In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, combine the milk, butter and caramels, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- With a fork, quickly dip marshmallows into hot mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cereal. Place on a foil-lined pan; chill for 30 minutes. Remove from the pan and refrigerate in an airtight container. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Marshmallow Delights
Sort By :
"These are delicious! You need to keep heating up the caramel or it gets clumpy. This will definitely be one of the favorites this year."
"This is one of my favourite recipes and now my neices have taken it and are making it for their friends"
"This is in answer to a previous review regarding "soggy crisped rice". I have not made this recipe but am planning on making it for my granddaughter with a slight change in recipe. Instead of rice crispy cereal I will use toasted coconut which is her favorite. If you store these in an airtight container the cereal will become soggy. You must sore these covered but not airtight."
"Great recipe but I think it should have said to cut the marshmallows in half? Mine only make 31 large marshmallows -- not 5-6 dozen like the recipe states."
"Is just the place you live, I live in a very dry area, so if I were going to leave any bread, or cookies, or things like this one without covering it, it would become hard as a rock. At least I know I can put a slice of apple or a piece of bread to keep it moist. But to accomplish the oposite, I do not know."