Caramel Marshmallow Buttons Recipe
Kids of all ages dive into these sweet fluffy treats. The chewy marshmallow, gooey caramel and crisp coating set off an appetizing explosion of textures.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min. YIELD:25-27 servings
- 50 to 54 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 to 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1. Place a toothpick in each marshmallow. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the caramels, milk and butter. Cook and stir until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Dip marshmallows in caramel mixture; roll in cereal. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving, discard toothpicks. Yield: 50-54 pieces.
1 serving (2 each) equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC