Caramel Marshmallow Buttons Recipe
Kids of all ages dive into these sweet fluffy treats. The chewy marshmallow, gooey caramel and crisp coating set off an appetizing explosion of textures.
- 50 to 54 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 to 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1. Place a toothpick in each marshmallow. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the caramels, milk and butter. Cook and stir until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Dip marshmallows in caramel mixture; roll in cereal. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving, discard toothpicks. Yield: 50-54 pieces.
1 serving (2 each) equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC