- 50 to 54 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 to 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- Place a toothpick in each marshmallow. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the caramels, milk and butter. Cook and stir until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Dip marshmallows in caramel mixture; roll in cereal. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving, discard toothpicks. Yield: 50-54 pieces.
Reviews forCaramel Marshmallow Buttons
"Very addicting. The hardest part is unwrapping the caramels. The original recipe does not have you freeze the marshmallows and I haven't had any problems this way. I will try cutting the marshmallow in half next time. Great recipe!"
"Want everybody to be your friend ? ? ? Bring a few batches of these to work and don't for get your mother - in- law. This was a big hit for me."