Kids of all ages dive into these sweet fluffy treats. The chewy marshmallow, gooey caramel and crisp coating set off an appetizing explosion of textures.
- 50 to 54 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 to 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- Place a toothpick in each marshmallow. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the caramels, milk and butter. Cook and stir until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Dip marshmallows in caramel mixture; roll in cereal. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving, discard toothpicks. Yield: 50-54 pieces.
Originally published as Caramel Marshmallow Buttons in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p38
Reviews for Caramel Marshmallow Buttons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review