- 50 to 54 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 to 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- Place a toothpick in each marshmallow. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the caramels, milk and butter. Cook and stir until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Dip marshmallows in caramel mixture; roll in cereal. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving, discard toothpicks. Yield: 50-54 pieces.
Reviews for Caramel Marshmallow Buttons
Sort By :
Taking it to a Christmas party for 100+ women. I used the jumbo campfire marshmallows. This recipe was plenty for a double recipe. Also, I heated the liquid in an iron wok, so it made it very easy for dipping!
Very addicting. The hardest part is unwrapping the caramels. The original recipe does not have you freeze the marshmallows and I haven't had any problems this way. I will try cutting the marshmallow in half next time. Great recipe!
Want everybody to be your friend ? ? ? Bring a few batches of these to work and don't for get your mother - in- law. This was a big hit for me.